Friday, March 4, 2011

A Quick Peek

Days have been busy around here! Spring is just around the corner and we can't hardly wait! Thought I'd do a quick overview, it'll be a busy weekend for us, someone has a birthday.

Posts I'm Anxious to Write:
Our one year anniversary get a way with the Phipps Family from back in February. It's 1/2 written, blame it on my perfectionist ways ; )

Week two of Eleos, 13 families served, all over the age of 80. Fifteen already signed up for next week, and it's still six days away. Anxious to see how that number grows. 

The stinkin' great Obi Wan Kenobi cloak that made me say, "Holy crap, I actually did it." when I finished sewing it tonight.  Judah will either look like Obi Wan or Jesus tomorrow at his Superhero Birthday Party.  Lets hope it fits. =) 

Things We're Praying About:
Eleos-- that it would be of God's spirit. We're hopeful to do a community breakfast soon and as the weather warms, we'd like to do a Saturday car maintenance day. Where we'll check peoples fluids and top them off.

Our friends in ministry all over the world. 

A family mission trip to Mexico we've planned for late fall. 

Emmyn to surrender her newly found willful spirit. 

Thankful we have what we need. 


Our Randomness:
Alli and I just finished, Meet Addy we finished it in two nights and of course, I cried. We can't wait to start the next one. 

I ran errands today from 7:45am-6:45pm without a stroller. That was crazy. We did stop for co-op from 10:15-12:00, so that doesn't really count ; ) 

The wonderful Apple Genius' fixed my computer today, it is now a lap top again and it only cost $99. Plus, they cleaned it all up and made it pretty again, including replacing the whole hmmmmm, what is it called... the frame? All of my keys feel new and they replaced the thingy (frame?) around the keys because it had chipped off. They did that for free. I love them. 

Our little man is turning four tomorrow and is having his first "friend" birthday party.  

We have purchased all our seeds for the garden this year. We're anxious to see how gardening in Oklahoma compares to gardening in MO. 

Daniel did all the laundry after work tonight, before I got home from errands.

We had old friends from High School over for dinner this week, crazy to get use to. We had a great evening.

We're staying the night with friends tomorrow night and joining in worship with some of our very favorite people on Sunday.

I started jogging again this week. Do you know how hard it is to get my buns off the ground? Sheesh!

We're anxious for our Audrey to return from Italy and come crash at our house see us! 

Things I've Missed This Week:

Encouragement I've Found This Week in God's Word:

Luke 10: 38-42
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said.  But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Reminding me to focus on what really matters.

Psalm 37: 23-24
 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
      He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will never fall,
      for the Lord holds them by the hand.

Reminding me when I fall down, he helps me up.

Philippians 4: 8-9
  Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Reminding me to take my thoughts captive. 

Loves, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of our days. Please remember to show love when doing so. :-) Thanks!