Saturday, May 16, 2009

Donuts.


Today was a busy day.

Friday's are Daniel's day off, so we usually get a lot of things done and have a lot of fun =)

This morning we started it off with going to a few garage sales. Then to the grocery store and home to unload our blessing of food and "such". Then it was time for lunch. After lunch, we all put on our water clothes and headed out to wash the van and car. After that, the kiddos played in the water while Daniel and I cleaned the garage.

After all of our fun outside, the kids and I came in for some rest time. Reading, quiet talking, Judah napping. It was a sweet time. Afterward, it was time to start dinner. We enjoyed a nice Spaghetti dinner with fresh bread before Audrey arrived and Daniel and I headed out the door to H.S. Graduation.

After arriving home, Audrey and I started to make donuts.

I never knew making donuts could be such a beautiful thing. Talking about life, sharing stories, praises, struggles. Encouraging one another in different areas of life. It really was a beautiful end to a beautiful, busy, fulfilling day.

After Audrey went off to bed around 1:30 am I stayed up to soak my feet and do some reading. While reading, I stumbled across a beautiful Mother's Day card that was sent to me this year by my good friend, Judi. She had written some encouragement from Proverbs 31.

Although this is not what she referenced; I found the following passages tugging on my heart as I explored the beauty of the full portion of scripture tonight.

Psalm 31:25-27

She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and she laughs without fear of the future.
When she speaks, her words are wise,
and she gives instructions with kindness.
She carefully watches everything in her household
and suffers nothing from laziness.

My prayer is this: That I would be a woman clothed with strength and dignity, in a world lacking such. That I would laugh more, without fear of things to come, trusting God is in control. I pray when I speak, my words are wise and carefully thought out. I pray, all of the many instructions I give out each day are clothed with kindness. I pray God will help me be a woman of strength, continuing to work hard, having no laziness.

God is such a good God, teaching us such good things. Even after a long day.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of our days. Please remember to show love when doing so. :-) Thanks!