Friday, July 13, 2012

Meet Prisca.


Meet Prisca.
Her birth certificate indicates that she is 7 years old. Her father died of AIDS. Her mother wanted to re-marry, but her new husband would not accept Prisca, so her mother chose him over keeping her own daughter. Tribal custom now considers Prisca an orphan and leaves her to her father’s family. For over a year, Prisca has been passed around to members of her father’s family. She’s likely been abused, she’s clearly starving, and none of the father’s family will keep her for very long. The uncle that she is currently living with told us (in front of Prisca) that he has too many mouths to feed already and that she is only a burden to him.

Take a second to look at life from Prisca’s perspective: her mother is alive somewhere but she abandoned her, no other family members want anything to do with her, she’s slowly starving to death, stunted and malnourished. Prisca has eyes that speak of no hope and helpless.
--Project Hope Worldwide
______________________________________________________________________________

When my friend Christy sends me a message today saying, "Thought you might be interested in learning about Prisca ;-)" My heart pounded a little harder, my eyes got all teary and I simply thought,

"I cannot keep her, read her books, make her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or teach her how to ride a bike. I cannot sing silly songs, dance with her, or teach her ABC's. I cannot tuck her into bed at night, hold her through nightmares, or kiss her face when she wakes up each morning. I cannot turn a bad day good. So, I suppose sponsorship is the next best thing."

Maybe less or no TV channels, one less meal out, or maybe even a cheaper brand of toilet paper is worth helping her have a reason to smile? Taking time to write letters, share pictures, send little gifts, and draw pictures is worth it for her to know the love of a savior?

For her to know love.

Consider sponsoring your own little sweetie?  We've sponsored our Jonnah for six years now through World Vision and are now Using Project Hope Worldwide to sponsor Prisca. We recommend both as well as Compassion International.  


"If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?  Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:17

So thankful that Jesus of ours loved us not with [only] words or speech but with actions and truth.


 So, I sit here. I sit with my sweet little homeschool book, praying how to be a better momma to my littles, how to teach them, love them, serve them--honor Him. I sip my coffee.

Then, with just a click of a button I can sponsor a child and she becomes a member of our family?
How amazing is this? Right there along Alli, Jordan, Judah, Emmyn, Jonnah, Ting, and now Prisca. We'll write her, she'll write us, and we will love her--wishing she was truly ours but knowing she is truly His and He has given us the opportunity to Love Her.


Love ,