Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Perfect Life- Keeping It Real

There have been a couple of times I have quit blogging. Any of you who have followed our days since the beginning, you can remember the posts, talking about taking a break. You know my struggle with the blogging world and sometimes it makes me quit for a while.

But I just can't help it! I'm a writing momma. I LOVE to write. Some of it, I post here because I love to blog. And... I'd like to keep it that way. =) BUT, I want to keep it real. I don't want to go into blog hiding again. =) So, from time to time, I'm gonna be sure you mommas remember, we all have struggles. All of our children have cranky, bad days. We all feel lonely sometimes, we all feel misunderstood from time to time. We all want to give up or some days just sit in a corner and cry. Nobody's life is picture perfect. If our lives were perfect, we wouldn't need the cross.

There is a false reality that comes along with reading about other peoples lives. I beleive we can get all wrapped up in what others are doing that it can become very damaging to ourselves as wives, mommas, and daughters of the King. We start to compare our lives, actions, and activities, with other mommas instead of how we measure up to the calling we have on our own lives; The calling of Jesus:

"Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did."
1 John 2:6

If we claim to follow Jesus, we must live as He did. It's not a choice, it's a reaction. It's an overflow of who we are. You are loved by the King. Oh my goodness, I get goosebumps just thinking of His love and favor. 

Isn't it exciting? You get to share that with the world! It may be in your workplace, it may be in the hearts of your children; it may be in your reaction when you are wronged by someone for the 100th time or even the first time. You have to live like Jesus, who loved. 

You may be like the widow who fed Elijah; or perhaps you have a faith like the Canaanite Woman whom Jesus called a dog. Perhaps you need grace, like the  the woman caught in adultery that Jesus saved from stoning. Or perhaps, you're someone who needs to just.quit.throwing.stones. No matter what point you are in your walk with Jesus, you have only one person to imitate, Him.

I remember when I first became a stay at home momma. It all happened at once, I became a stay at home momma, homeschooling momma, and full time ministers wife in a new town, surrounded by all new people, all at one time. One night, I was crying, talking to Daniel about how I just didn't know how to juggle it all, and he looked at me and said something I will never forget, 

"As long as you are being the best daughter you can be; then how can you not be the best mother, wife, and friend." 

I still think of that every day. "Father, I'm doing the best I can; you'll have to fill in where I lack." And trust me, I lack a lot. So, the truth is simple. We're all always falling, and He's always picking us up, dusting us off and helping us start again. In the blogging world you never see the falls, you only see the beauty of His help.

For instance, see the cute picture of my emmyn eating an ice cream at the bottom of THIS post? Well, what you don't see is me threatening my two big girls, that if they don't quit looking at the naked women on the Music Videos we are never going to have an ice cream treat at the mall food court ever again. During our next visit, we found the section without TV's. THANK GOD- Don't even get me started on those TV's. sheesh. 

Oh and... remember the ad about Jerry? Well, what I had written and then erased is, that I laughed for about two minutes straight. Seriously! My whole body was covered with goosebumps when I read that ad. I was kind of making fun of him. = ( Then I felt all sad, because he actually had to write in the newspaper that he needed to share his life with someone. Then I felt all bad. But my hearts first reaction was to laugh at him. How sad. =(  OK, but seriously, Jerry... what a trip. See? I'm so BAD!

Let's see, remember "Making Sweet Love on a Bad Day?" Yeah, that was really a bad day. = /

Remember THIS post from just the other day? Well, what you don't see are the pictures of Emmyn ripping everything we were planting out of the soil. Then, you don't see her little hand getting spanked each time she did it; she's such a rebel. = )  I eventually gave her and Judah their own onions to go plant in the sand box. That is where the sand box pictures came from in that post... they were planing onions. =)

I didn't do a post about my three hour phone visit with my sweet Judi the other night. A visit which started with me trying to love on her during a heavy season in ministry for her. But instead, ended with me crying for about one hour because of a sad anniversary we have coming up and people I miss.

You see, there is no one good, accept the Father. Including people with cutsie little blogs. Our days are filled with challenges, temptations, sin, wrong choices, harsh tones in our voices, and bad judgment calls. That's the beauty of grace.

He is so good to give such good gifts.

May you be seeking Him each and every moment of your days. May He fill your every thought. While you slap your little babies hand, while you wipe your little guys runny nose... again. While you have yet another hard discussion with your teenager; while you show grace to your nagging mother just one more time. While you serve at that job you hate just one more day, or help that person just one more time.  May you remember to be the best Daughter of the King you can be.

The rest will fall into place, my friend. = )

"Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God."

 Ephesians 5:1-2

Enjoy the journey.

Loves,

 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of our days. Please remember to show love when doing so. :-) Thanks!