Friday, July 4, 2008

A New Resolution for Independence Day

Yes, we are one of those cheesy families that love to match! :o)



It's a funny thing to me, Independence Day.

Now, don't get me wrong I appreciate very much what those men did for us so many years ago and the sacrifices so many families made. AND I appreciate the conviction they had towards making us United in freedom.

However, our freedoms seem more and more like they are used for more wicked than good. You know the obvious ones that are bad but even the little ones that people don't think about; like slander, and malice towards other people... oops! I forgot that's called freedom of speech. The terrible things in newspapers, magazines, and television... oops freedom of press! The list just goes on and on.

Anyway, I have never known what to do with this holiday outside of fireworks and hotdogs. But this year I have found a purpose! And I am excited!!

I am going to start my 4th of July off with prayer each year. First, thanking God so much for the Freedom that he gave to us through the Cross. Through the sacrifice he made for me, for us, we are able to be free. In his freedom we can live whether we live in a free country or not! Thank you, thank you, thank you God!!

Secondly, I am praying that our country (where 76.5% of the population claim to be Christians) start proving their freedom in Christ by being good trees that produce good fruit. I pray this year will be full of more Love and Joy; less hate and bitterness. I pray that we are Abundant in Peace towards other countries. I pray that we, as a united country, express patience and KINDNESS towards all people. I pray that we express Goodness towards people everywhere, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. And above all I pray that we can be a country that is forgiving; not only towards other countries but towards people in our own country.

Those are things that so many people forget. That is how we are identified!!! Don't forget it! Teach it, pray it! Live it for your children and coworkers to see! Strive to be a Deuteronomy 6 family! I pray that this year together, we can grow towards being more of a country like those men wanted and died for. More of a country like God's heart desires!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of our days. Please remember to show love when doing so. :-) Thanks!