Tuesday, October 9, 2012

big 'ol Him taking care of little 'ol them through little 'ol you. {a winner announced!}




It's funny how that God of ours works. 

Two days after we announced  "Operation Bottle" I received an update from Christy regarding her adoption telling me the child they had hoped for had become adoptable! The babies home had met with the family of the little boy and they wanted him to have a forever home!

You can only imagine how wonderful this felt! Someone out of the blue organized the first adoption fundraiser and only a couple days later they find out the little guy they were hoping to adopt is adoptable! 

And you know that God of ours, he knew the timing of this little fun thing ending and tons of little bottles descending on their little home-- offering a bit of encouragement possibly on this long road of adoption?

So when I received the message on Friday updating us on the new news from Uganda, my heart skipped a beat and I thanked that big God for his perfect timing:


(FROM CHRISTY)

"It is with a heavy heart that we share this news with you. We just found out this afternoon that "Little R" has an uncle in Uganda that wants to keep him. Amazing to me that Little R was in an orphanage for over a year and not one relative came forward to even visit him. And now, this man came out of the blue and said he will keep him. In his words, they will "manage". The uncle already has Little R in his custody and we are no longer able to adopt him. Don't get me wrong, I am totally for reunification with family IF they are able to provide the child with a good home. I've just seen too many cases in Uganda where children are tossed from family to family and they aren't given proper care. They are often times forced to work hard at an early age, are abused, or go hungry. I just pray that Little R doesn't become one of those cases.


 
I have never personally lost a child in the womb, but I can imagine what I'm feeling is somewhat similar to what a mother experiences when she looses her unborn child. You spend months thinking about your child and what life will be like once they are with your family. You dream about them and their future. You pray for them and that you will be good parents. And then one day, they are gone. Totally unexpected. It is at that moment that you realize that life's not fair. In fact, sometimes it stinks (as a nice way to put it). But then you get up off the floor, brush off your pants, and thank God for another day. You realize that even when times are tough, God has a perfect plan and we must trust in Him and His promises.


Would you please join our family in praying for this uncle? If he truly is supposed to care for Little R, please pray that he will be a good role model, teach him about Jesus, love on him and that he will be a good provider for his needs. And if he's not supposed to care for him, please pray that God impresses on his heart that there is a family that already loves him and wants to adopt him. Pray that he understands what a big responsibility it is to raise a child and if he can't step up then he needs to step down.

We are so very sad but I suppose situations like this are to be expected. I keep hearing stories of how hard adoption is and I believe it. But I also believe very strongly that we are called to adopt and God will get us through the tough times. We just need a little time to grieve but we aren't going to let this stop us. We will continue on with our adoption journey and follow God's leading. We appreciate your prayers - and especially for Little R, wherever he is."




So, when I deliver those simple little bottles full of all your love, I want you to know-- you were a part of something bigger. You were apart of God's plan.

Big 'ol him taking care of little 'ol them through little 'ol you.

Their adoption is on a steady path, with God leading the way through prayer and friends like you and I.  They are praying for the child God has chosen for them and we can't wait to meet that little sweetie! Meanwhile, we know Little R is being watched by the same Big 'ol God and he loves us all-- so beautifully.



Might I say-- God has not made me a rich person because I would always remain poor. How do I choose only one person to win and everyone else loses? I know it's not about the winning but if you know me at all, you know-- I'd just give something to all of you for your sweetness. However--again, If you know me =) you know, I changed my mind and drew two names. It was just so stinkin' fun!

Two
of you will be getting a beautiful handmade Ugandan necklas from  Amazima Ministries founded and ran by our sweet Katie Davis in UG.


Amazima Ministries was founded by Katie Davis in 2008. The 501(c)(3) organization, based out of Franklin, TN, feeds, educates, and encourages orphaned and vulnerable children and the poor in the country of Uganda.  We do this through child sponsorship (over 600 children), feeding programs (over 1,200 children each day Monday through Friday), community outreach, medical care, vocational initiatives, and spiritual discipleship.  -taken from Amazima Ministries website.

You can read more about Katie's life HERE.

When we purchase these necklaces we give mommas like you and I, ways to provide for their families. There are no job applications or Craigslist ads in their country, friends. These sales bring hope and a glimpse of a God who cares for them.

On to the drawing:

We started the old fashioned way, names in a bucket and choose one. My little Emmyn chose first, since she is my smallest I thought it'd be fun ; )


And the first winner is:


Tiffany T.

After that was over, the kids and I we're like, "That's it? We've waited a month and it's over in 3 seconds?" So, we did it again ; )

This time, all the kids took out names and we left only one.








  Hmmm, I wonder who that is in there = )


Nicole W.

Do you see what I mean about having fun?! I almost re-took this picture and then my oldest says, "Mom, that's us-- we're crazy" =)

So, I left it. (he, he, he)






There ya have it. Tiffany T. whom I know and Nicole W. whom I do not know. Nicole was one of the ladies who took on the load and did her own bottles for Christy as well, hers were way cuter than mine!

People I didn't know at all, didn't know well; or had known for years took the challenge and helped this family. Many of you not knowing them at all.

I am blessed by you.

Ladies, I have to order them and have them shipped-- it'll be a couple weeks before they are here and then I will get them to you.

THANK YOU to all of you who helped; the cost of adoption is very expensive. When God places something like this on our hearts-- we, in our comfortable homes sometimes get a little afraid. But don't forget that Big 'ol God who silenced the lions for Daniel will conquer any mountain you might be facing because you have chosen to obey.

Much, total, & full love.



this post is a follow up to:

I need your help--and I don't have a church family, really. { I have friends. Friends with this little thing in common, Jesus. }