Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Medicine in a Mason Jar

It's the sigh I hate most.




I don't know why it always grabs me the wrong way, making my tongue want to leap out of my mouth like a snake--

When they complain.

It's the fastest ticket to this mommas nerves. I don't know why. Sometimes I think it's because I have a go-getter attitude, get it all done-- like yesterday =) Or perhaps because I'm an adult and I see a need and meet it.

However, as sure as the sun is rising this morning my little heart whispers to me, yet again:

"It's your flesh"

Ah, yes. That sneaky 'ol thing again-- trying to ruin the sweet fellowship between me and my kiddos.

Sometimes it's a quick trip to the table for sentences-- right now, it's the complaining jar.

As soon as that sigh or words of complaint come from those sweet lips of theirs-- my tongue doesn't have to whip out like a snake, I have a plan.

A solution.

I think as a parent, most of my frustrations, doubts, and sleepless nights come from having no plan-- no solution. So then, I am left to worry and parent out of fear, rather than love. Fear of what consequences they will face as a result of their choices. Such as, complaining when someone askes for their help.

Now, I know your children don't struggle with this, they do twirls and sing hymns while they gladly help with everything you ask. And my kids do that too-- when we're on our way to get ice-cream ;)

For when we are at home and I've asked maybe one too many things-- when they give me the sigh, (my littles mostly) I simply reply:

"Oh, you just complained, I'm sorry-- you have to go to the complaining jar."

And then this little momma has to follow through with the consequences =( 



But when they choose Grace--oh happy day! 


judah, 5



One day, it will all be just a memory.

Breathe deep today, mommas. Remember, they're all here now--

And they're watching you. =)

Much Love,




{{ rejoicing! remember our sweet bottles? yeah...they're all accounted for }} So thank.full.


.

1 comment:

  1. I love your solution and may be using it for my kiddos as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on any of our days. Please remember to show love when doing so. :-) Thanks!