Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Get out and get dirty-- because someone, one day, will.



It's no lie. 

I'm out to be the best. 

So I drag myself away from laundry, school papers, or dishes to play in the dirt. 

Because next to that God of ours, 

I want to be their favorite. 

Now don't get me wrong, I want to spank their little booties, correct their sassy mouths, and I'll repent again today, I'm sure for the one-millionth time of doing something wrong... again. But at the end of the day-- I want them to snuggle with me, laugh with us, and think mom and dad are simply the best. Which might be hard for Judah since he went to bed early tonight for telling a lie. 

I digress. 



So I in my dress, and that man of mine in his work boots, we run and run and run through the yard, trying to grab their clothes pins-- 

and of course, we win. 


Well, he wins. 


always. 





You see, when I pull myself away from the work-- when I lay down the needless things in my life, [such as sleep and painted toe nails, ha!]-- what I find is there's a world out there-- a world to be lived with my littles,


and this is one chance I have to get it right. 

So, I'm going to fight for their souls. Before someone else does.

“Another year is fast approaching. Go be that starving artist you’re afraid to be. Open up that journal and get poetic finally. Volunteer. Suck it up and travel. You were not born here to work and pay taxes. You were put here to be part of a vast organism to explore and create. Stop putting it off. The world has much more to offer than what’s on 15 televisions at TGI Fridays. Take pictures. Scare people. Shake up the scene. Be the change you want to see in the world.” Jason Mraz


Live FULL, Love completely, and never give up.



Do something today, you never thought you'd do.

Refuse to be normal.

Loves,