Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sharing is at the core of the God story


 
 She tip toes from her bedroom, sleepy eyed and messy hair; still half asleep from her nap.

Quietly, she asks me a question,

"Momma... are these for me?"


With a great big smile, I get to say, "Yes, they are."  =)


My two Big Girls and Ting ask, "Who are they from?"   


I reply, "A friend from high school." 

"Who?" They ask. 

"A lady named Andrea." I reply.

Ting asks me, "She just gave them to you?" 

"Well, yeah" I say.

"Why?" He asks. 

My response? "Well, it's a blessing. God knew our little Emmyn needed some clothes."

"...always God," he says. ; )


There are so many clothes, we put a whole bag away for next years size.



Meanwhile, my little Emmyn changes clothes all night long saying, "Look mommy, look how pretty."

She felt special and pretty all because someone shared. 


As I folded all her old clothes, most of them too little, I couldn't help but smile real big. My mind flooding with memories. Memories of fancy dresses, boys, nail salons, tanning beds, and getting our drivers license.


Now, she thinks to give me clothes.
 

It's a total God thing. ... "always God."

=)

We've been blessed by many, many, many people over the past eleven years of parenting with great hand me downs and are so very thankful. However, there is just something so special and surreal to see how this web of life continues to spin me in crazy directions of "I cannot beleive this." 

"A friend from high school named, Andrea. "

Sharing is at the core of the God Story. 

Last year, after the Community Share was all over and done, someone approached me asking how it went. After telling them all the great things about it, they had just one question. 

"How do you know they aren't taking advantage of you?"

I replied, "Well, I don't. But it's not my job to make sure they use it correctly, it's my job to give in love and let God do the rest."
"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”  -Luke, in Acts 20:35 NIV


 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.  James 1:17 NIV

Here is the great thing about giving, it's all about grace. 

Someone can take your free stuff, your story of the cross, your kindness, your mercy, your compassion and not use it to it's fullness. It's true, they can. Makes me sit and think,

I sure am glad God didn't withhold grace from me, contingent on what I would do with it.

 John reminds us, 
"If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person? Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions." 


Ah, how simple. We see. We help. Then, Jesus takes control and the Holy Spirit does the work.

Besides, isn't that what we want? I know I sure make a lousy Holy Spirit ; )


Loves,




{Yes, yes, thank you! the email feed is fixed! To all those of you who have missed having it tip toe into your inbox, it is fixed! However, you have to re-subscribe... stink those technical difficulties! Enter your email address above to re-subscribe.}