Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mandy, Remember When?


Remember when the boys stole the beer and left us hanging at the club?

Remember all those red lights we drove through?

Remember the ice blue eye liner?

Remember your Probe with the windows down "bumpin'" No Scrubs?

Remember Mr. Wantland?

Remember us all taking the Limousine to Chuck e Cheese on prom night and "Chuck e" singing Happy Birthday to me? It was so totally not my birthday.

Remember the canned cinnamon rolls you made me that morning I skipped school and Mr. Berry turned me in... remember I got suspended from school and you were totally excused because you were "sick" Yeah, I was dating Johnny then...

Remember Secondine, hiding next to the car trying to hide from the police?

Remember when you met Jon, what was the teachers name in that class again?

Remember when I would visit you folding laundry at the old people home? = ) Yeah, I almost forgot that one too.

Remember Mercedes?

Remember running from the cops and Robby threw it out the window?

Remember the woods at the new lake?

Remember the spook light?

Remember how I told you his lips were so soft?

Remember that lunch at El Charro after you got the news?

Remember the letter you wrote me telling me what happened?

Remember my news?

Remember when I found that note in your book?

Remember when you called me and said you missed me and I came that night too meet Jayden?

Remember when you met my Alli? The day she was born.

Remember you were the only true friend I saw that day?

Remember when I told you he had came back?

I remember the day,

the day you told me...

"Kati, I've been going to church."


And today, you surrendered.


"And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness." --Apostle Paul, written to God's holy people in the city of Colosse, who were faithful brothers and sisters in Christ. Taken from Colossians 2:6-7


Now, you are my true sister. 


God is so good to make all things new. 


I love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of our days. Please remember to show love when doing so. :-) Thanks!