Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Must Be a Rainy Day Kind of Girl

I think I am a rainy day kind of girl. I don't know why but it seems like the world slows down just a little with the rain.

With snow, everyone always hustles around getting bundled for outdoor play, in the summer everyday is full of outdoor fun in your own backyard and spring is full of new adventures and discoveries. But typically the rain, especially in winter, slows things down just a bit.

We spent the day reading, cooking, baking, playing, and learning, all the while overwhelmed with the many ways God chooses to bless us each day. Alli and I enjoyed an ongoing game of Scrabble by the fire, the kids created a club house, Daniel and I enjoyed about one hour of just laying and talking on our bed before our wonderful friends, the Simpson's, came for dinner and games.

Yep, I think I would have to declare myself a rainy day kind of girl. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of our days. Please remember to show love when doing so. :-) Thanks!