Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Sisters in the Kitchen
We spent the afternoon in the kitchen slicing apples, sharing giggles and little stories while our house filled with wonderful Fall smells.
Do you see this little apron? Very simple, the girls made 'em themselves.
Let your children choose their fabric, cut it to size and fold it over. They can, or you can, (depending on their age) cut small holes under the fold and thread ribbon through the holes. Tie in a bow behind their back. Simple and sweet.
What were we baking you ask? Well, this Delicious Apple Crisp:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups butter
2 quarts peeled, cored, and sliced apples
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly.
3. Take half of the mixture and pat into the bottom of a 2 quart baking dish.
4. Cover crumb mixture with apple slices, then sprinkle apple slices with remaining crumb mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender.