Monday, June 25, 2012

Saying Good Bye

We loaded him on the plane and sent him off all alone. First stop, Dallas. Next, LA-- then at 3:32am he called to say,


"I'm off to Taiwan."

I know it's overkill, I know you're tired of it by now. But there is just something special about this boy, our little family, and his great big new love for our great big God.




At his going away party, he chose to read Colossians 3:1-17 NLT to us in Chinese and Daniel translated. He talked about some of the struggles he will face in Taiwan and told us what we could be praying about. The house was full of people and the road was lined with cars. It was a step back in time, my little heart went pitter patter. We sat out under the trees just talking, eating food, watching our men and their boys battle it out over basketball, and our little girls getting wet. It was a great night.

The next morning we loaded him up to go home. And it hurt really bad. I thought it would be fine, I thought we wouldn't even cry. But it's just that momma in me-- thinking about my littles and how much they love that boy. My Judah and his roommate, Ting. My Jordi, with all her questions for him. My Alli with her never ending love of learning Chinese, and then there's Emmyn. Before Ting came, she couldn't even say his name. Now she says, "I love you Ting, you go home to Taiwan?" Ting replies, "Yes, and I'm taking you home with me." =)






 

He read those little words then packed them away in that great big bag; the bag almost bigger than him.






















Now the pictures are down off the wall, 

 

The chair sits empty at dinner, 



But we've left many foot prints along the way.


And we know we will see him again one day.





God is so good.




Loves,