Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Have This Friend Who Loves Orphans and I'm going to help YOU help Her...

 
Isn't this is GREAT?! We Christians, we all love orphans! Right? I mean, after all, That is what makes us Christ followers, our love. And since Jesus talks specifically about those precious orphans and widows, I thought, oh... perfect! We can't all go, but we can all help! 

You see, this friend of mine, Christy, she has a little special place in my heart because I can see her heart is so big. =) We know Gram Wilma loves Christy's big heart... not to mention her new scale Christy bought her when she needed one so badly. 

Well, Christy is going on a mission trip to Uganda. Her second one in two years, yeah she's a little crazy in love with those orphans and she's working real hard to get there. 
 
She's pretty busy these days planning and organizing a big benifit dinner for Project Hope Worldwide called Kwero 2012 but in between that, homeschooling her girls, helping those little girls with their own mission work, Girly Me Missions , heading up a big homeschool co-op, being a very active support in her church, and just being a wife,  mom, and friend, she is also doing some pretty crafty stuff to earn her way back. 

While in Uganda last year, she took some fantastic photos of people close to her heart and shared some of their stories here; so did her husband when he went after her. She just can't wait to get back there to help so she is sharing some of that great Uganda story art with people like us ; ) 

check out this great work and then read further down, friends... I have a deal for you! 

"Sunflowers in Uganda"
8" x 10" - $30
11" x 14" - $34
12" x 16" - $36


Saving Tracy
8" x 10" - $30
11" x 14" - $34
12" x 16" - $36

"School Girls Living at Calo Me Lare"
8" x 10" - $30
11" x 14" - $34
12" x 16" - $36

"Friends"
8" x 10" - $30
11" x 14" - $34
12" x 16" - $36

"Walking to Market"
8" x 10" - $30
11" x 14" - $34
12" x 16" - $36

"Happiness Is"
8" x 10" - $30
11" x 14" - $34
12" x 16" - $36

Did I mention she is oh so crafty? Yes, I am buying this: (she can customize it to your style)


Magnetic & Cork Menu Board - suggested donation price: $40


"Happy Spring" Banner
$40
Wood backing
Black piece is a chalkboard
Chalk Marker - additional $2.50




Here's the deal... I'm cheap. Super cheap. Like I don't own a pair of black shoes, not.a.single.one because my last pair developed a hole in the sole and I am too cheap to buy new ones.

There are better things to spend my precious dollars on than another pair of shoes, like lonely widows and hurting orphans.   

Oh, don't get me wrong. With all this beautiful weather, I broke down and spent $1 on a pair of flip flops at the Dollar General last week. Yes, they already hurt my feet but they get the job done on a warm spring day =) And i am one for some soda in a refill cup at our local convenient store, oh man I'm a sucker for that...

But this is something I know... we are called to give and on our budget, it's shoes or people and I can't do both. 

But let's face it, it's real cool when you give and get cutsie little pictures and artsy-craftie (yes that is a word, i just made it up) stuff in return; not to mention you are making that sweet Jesus smile big, friends.

Oh, but wait! I want to make you smile too! For each you crazy blog readers who buy from Christy I am going to pay 10% of your total cost. And for you out of town people in the lands of MO, TN, TX, IL, MI (Bethany, i had to look that abbreviation up)  and whoever else I missed... I am going to ship your stuff to you for free. No, you don't get 10% off too, what do you think? I'm made of money?! HA! (Daniel don't kill me, I love you, you giver, you) I may have to hold on to your stuff for a week or two before I can ship it but shipped it will be! FOR FREE! BUT, you have to pay Christy when she finishes the work, she's trying to go to AFRICA here! =) 

Oh.my.goodness.this.is.too.much.fun 

and my fingers are on fire, I am typing so fast! 

Post this on your Facebook, email it, tell all your friends! Let's make this lady crazy busy! And yes, do it... or I'm going to feel like a total loser!  Hey, Mother's Day is coming! 

My goodness, if I don't stop now, I'm going to give away a kidney.

Don't eat out today, send her to Africa.
"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you" James 1.27NLT

Bounding with crazy LOVE,




Just Christy's Life
Christy in Uganda

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of our days. Please remember to show love when doing so. :-) Thanks!