Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It Goes A Little Like This...

Sometimes we tattle with earrings on while playing a girly game with our sisters;

other times, we just laugh and giggle like crazy.


Sometimes we sit and have worship together;




other times, the day gets busy and we just worship however we can.


Sometimes we learn new things;






other times, we teach them.




Sometimes we do our favorite things;






Other times, we don't.


Sometimes we all enjoy coffee together;


other times, we enjoy it alone.


Sometimes we fix our hair;


 other times, we don't.

Sometimes we plant in the garden;


other times, we harvest. 


Sometimes we get to spend time with special friends;



other times, we don't.

Sometimes the front steps we visit on Thursdays look like this,


other times, they look like this.



 Sometimes we read books;


other times, we give hair cuts.


Sometimes they go and do school all on their own;

 other times, we make them.


Sometimes he cooks in the kitchen;



Other times, he doesn't.

Sometimes we get to do fun things and explore new places;







Other times we can't.


Sometimes we adore nature;


other times we play with it.


Sometimes the kids surprise us with breakfast;


other times we surprise them.

  

Sometimes we eat real healthy;


other times, not so much. 
 

Sometimes she plays with it every day;

other times, we wonder why we even bought it.



Sometimes we hold one;


other times, we hold more. 



When I finish this writing, I will get up and resume my motherly duties. I'll struggle with perfection all day long, expecting it from myself and my children; a perfection that is a lie and impossible to obtain. I will, over and over again, take my thoughts captive and my heart will sing, "He alone is my rock and my salvation my fortress where I will never be shaken."

I will wish I had new carpet and new cabinets forgetting all the things I do have. I'll dream of a fancy trip one moment and wish I could live in a hut in Haiti with lonely, poor, yet joyful people the next.  Around two o'clock I'll dream of taking a nap.

I will stumble along falling often, getting back up again, asking for grace to do better next time.

Sometimes we do it well, sometimes we do it wrong. What matters is, we're doing it together. When It's hard, they see. When we fail, they see. When we struggle and lose, they see us try again. This is what our children, our spouse, our friends, this is what the Father sees.

This is what makes Him proud because people failing and trying again is the heart of the God story -- and sharing that truth is what introduces others to the God story.

"The steps of the godly are directed by the LORD. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they may stumble, they will not fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand." Psalm 37:23 NLT Dear Friends, don't forget the messy, grace filled person who wrote that song. Yes, the murderer, deceiver, liar, David.

You may know him better by, "The man after God's own heart." 

Oh, our God is so... unexplainable. 

Loves today and always,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of our days. Please remember to show love when doing so. :-) Thanks!