Thursday, September 1, 2011

Surely This is Enough






Hitting the snooze this morning at 5:30, thinking of the day ahead; longing for just a few more moments of stillness, I question myself:

"How do I, in the mist of these busy days... fall deeply, madly, crazy in love with our magnificent Savior?"

Sneaking into the kitchen, starting a pot of coffee, thinking surely this will aid in my pondering...

little ones start to explore. Messy hair, open hearts, ready for a new day of adventure, care, love and nurture. I think to myself...

"How do I, in the mist of these busy days... fall deeply, madly, crazy in love with these precious children God has entrusted me with each and every day- all day? "

A quick pause in between the to do list of the day, I scribble a cry out to my big God:

"I confess the Spirit is not leading my actions- my worries and fears are." 

Quickly moving on to the next thing, I know He hears my heart.
Then I sit, for just a moment in the still of the evening, children all tucked and loved after a full day, the house boasting of tonight's wonderful company; enjoying, finally, that pot of coffee I started early this morning, the kitchen full of signs of tomorrow's Eleos...

I pray this song, and think...

"Surely, sometimes my cries are enough. Surely, God is pleased by my constant thought of Him. "

My hands are searching for You
My arms are outstretched towards You
I feel You on my fingertips
My tongue dances behind my lips for You


This fire rising through my being
Burning, I'm not used to seeing You


I'm alive, I'm alive


I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing


My hands float up above me
And You whisper You love me
And I begin to fade
Into our secret place


The music makes me sway
The angels singing say we are alone with You
I am alone and they are too with You


And so I cry
The light is white
And I see You


I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive


Take my hand, I give it to you
Now you own me, all I am
You said You would never leave me
I believe You, I believe

-David Crowder Band,  Flyleaf Cover

Finally, I draw the conclusion, yes it is enough.

..."People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at a person's thoughts and intentions." 1 Samuel 16:7

Which brings me such joy knowing He sees the most important part, and He cares.








He is so very good,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of our days. Please remember to show love when doing so. :-) Thanks!